Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blissfully Boring

Yes, it is true.  My life is boring.  Not in the "I'm so bored" way, but  in the ..."there is nothing to write about on my blog" way.  School has started, and we are on our way to a very structured life. There is the same thing to do each day, as well as each days  "activity."  There's school, homework, piano practicing, piano lessons, ballet lessons, play dates, birthday parties, etc.....  I am grateful that my life is this "boring"  I like that we have no tragedies at present, and that things are moving along.  However, I have nothing interesting to say to amaze the multitudes (??) who read my blog.

This weekend my sweet husband finished the patio cover he has been working on since mid-December.  I have to tease him a little, he thought it would take him a little over a month to finish it.  Ha ha ha.  I am grateful it is done, and I can feel good about using his time on the weekends again.   After working on the patio cover, I realized my role in life.  I am support staff.  I don't actually do anything important, but I pick up paint, rent equipment, do some cheerleading,  go for more paint, etc... I am also support staff for my kids.  I am just here to provide them with the tools to make their lives easier.  So, what are my actual accomplishments? I don't know if I have anything concrete to show for my life now.   My real accomplishments are seeing my family achieve their goals, dreams, and honey-do lists.

4 comments:

shauna said...

I love this post because I think you have your life so right... Support staff Rocks Girl!!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

Just checking in on you today--I can't believe how old your kids are!!! Time sure flies. Mariko doesn't start school till after Labor Day and I am kind of sad, but kind of looking forward to getting back to routine!

Bj said...

I beg to differ, the support role is not only important, it is essential and is the most important role on the team. You are an incredible mother and wife.

Wade family said...

Yay, I found someone else who thinks their life is/can be boring at times. Let's have a girls night! :)