Sunday, July 20, 2008

Again.



Yes, it happened again.  Liz is attacked, this time, by a stink beetle.  This poor child, I swear she is going to become a shut in if things don't change soon.  This time it happened at our ward BBQ.  It was late, around 8:30 (yes, that is late to me), and she was playing with her sister and some ward friends at the water fountain when she started screaming.  You know, the "scream."  Of course, I ran over to see what was the matter, and my sweet dear Madeline was screaming "A beetle is on her, a beetle is on her, we can't get it off."  and each time Maddie screams, Liz cries louder and louder.  After about 30 seconds I finally find the beetle, which is crawling in and out of Liz's shirt and skirt.  The thing was seriously huge, probably 3 inches or longer.  Anyway, I finally get to the darn beetle, and he runs under her skirt.  Madeline is still screaming, "he's still there, I can see him" and I am turning Elizabeth around trying to see where this beetle could be hiding.  Liz is screaming, and I can't find that beetle.  Each time Madeline screams she sees the beetle (which is quite a few times) Elizabeth's fears are renewed and she belts out another scream of terror.  So, I finally find the blasted beetle, and get him off her.  Then comes Mitchell to the rescue, he promptly starts torturing the thing.  Poor Elizabeth wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the night.  I don't know what it is about my little one, but I wish these events would stop occurring...to her at least.   But, at least the last two run in's haven't been with a poisonous animal.

4 comments:

summer said...

Poor little thing...it is interesting and a bit strange how some things happen all to the same person. I hadn't really thought of that until I read through this, but it seems to happen a bit as some people are prone to luck, some to accidents, some to "animals" that give them grief!!I had a HUGE beetle fly up my nightgown when I was a little girl...I still remember screaming and my mom wondering what was going on. Some memories are just more prevalent because there is so much emotion involved at the time - it would be great if we could remember everything in life that way!

Min said...

Sheesh. Sounds like your girls need to hang out with my boys and catch frogs and toads and grasshoppers and butterflies etc. so they don't freak out so badly! We have a house FULL of creatures they've collected. Liz needs to have some positive insect/reptile experiences to help her overcome her fears (sounds like Madeline might benefit as well!)

kiki said...

Oh my goodness, Elizabeth is a not so lucky person with bugs and other creepy things. I love your blog! Check mine out, I have a facebook took. I decided to get one so I could stay up to date with my niece, Rachel while she at BYU Utah.
Senta
www.hillreport.com

Summertime Designs said...

That is awful. Okay, I am foreshadowing that Lizzy is going to have a really good winter this year. All of the snakes, lizards and bugs hibernate then and the only thing she'll have to worry about is pack rats! But they are afraid of humans so that shouldn't be a problem!