Sunday, May 8, 2011

Showing Love...

Missy, my reader, this is for you.  You asked what I was doing to help the parents.... Here it goes.


I got this idea from my friend Summer.  I gathered money from all our ward members (our church), and we got them TONS of gift cards (the little grey thing in front has little pockets full of the gift cards).  The gift cards were for restaurants, movies, amazon, etc....  As you can see we also got flowers, a Scentsy was donated, candy, and I photoshoped a photo of their baby and a picture of the temple the parents were married in.  

My biggest goal from this was to show how loved they are.  It wasn't the "stuff" that was important, but it was a show of love that was relevant.

We also filled their freezer with meals to heat up when they are ready, and we cleaned their home before they returned.  Honestly, I just did whatever I could think of.   It may have been overkill, or maybe I could have done more.  

I wish I could have done more.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah this is amazing. I am sure that they felt of the wards love. I wish I could have helped more. When I grow up I hope I can be as thoughtful as you are.

JaredandJaclyn said...

Just reading your posts about this little baby has touched my heart. I cried watching her first bath. God bless her parents. You are a good person Sarah :)

Bowdens said...

Sarah this turned out beautiful! I'm so glad you posted this. I didn't know how you put it all together. So sweet!