Thursday, April 3, 2008

Great Strides


This last summer we learned that my wonderful friend (Katie Curtis Stevens) from my "school" days has a child with cystic fibrosis.  Honestly, I had to do a little research to learn about cystic fibrosis and to see what it really meant.  After I read about it, I was horrified.  The life expectancy is so low, I think it is about 37 right now.  But, years ago, it was in the 20's...so science/doctors are finding solutions.  Our group of friends has a website to stay in touch, and after all of us felt so helpless, we decided to just DO something.  So, we found the Great Strides program.  We are going to participate in a walk that raises money for research to find cures/helps for CFF.  So, June 7th, at Seven Peaks in Provo, UT will be the day for us, and I am sure it will be a blast to meet all together.  I have a goal of raising $500, and if and when any of you want to help me reach my goal please go to www.cff.org/great_strides/SarahBisel.   If you want to learn more about Cystic Fibrosis go to www.cff.org:80/AboutCF/, and if you want to learn more about sweet Lauren, please go see our blog.

It has been very inspiring seeing all my friends work together for a greater cause.  I am amazed at the energy we can muster when there is something like this to get us into gear.  As we all get older, I am amazed at the trials that come our individual ways.  But, I am even more amazed at how well each of my friends have conquered their own trials, and how well the rest of us work to back each other up.  I have been very blessed to have such fantastic friends who love, share, work, and cry together.  go KJAM!

1 comment:

Suzette said...

Sarah, how wonderful to be involved in such a great cause. I am actually a carrier of cystic fibrosis, we were introduced to the disease when we were tested while pregnant with Averie. Fortunately, Cale was not a carrier, but we became very educated on the disease. I look forward to hearing how it all went...