Thursday, September 20, 2012

Breakdown

Today, I made it to my sewing room again.  Of course, with an early out day for school, my little one joined me.  She is amazing, totally awesome.  She is brave, and creative, and fun. She makes up her own projects, and works hard to make her art perfect.

Today, she wanted to make a purse for her teacher.  Some of her seams were not equal, and the imperfection inspired tears of frustration.  I held her, and stroked her perfect hair, and told her we could make it right.  We did make it right, and now she is glowing.

Now, maybe you have made a project that didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.    Maybe your seams aren't perfect.  Let this be a virtual hug to you....keep working, have fun, and keep creating.  Perfection is not the goal, enriching your spirit is.  Do your best, and let go of the rest.


No comments: