Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monsoons baby



Just a few short weeks ago, we had a great storm.  It was beautiful.  The streets were like rivers and the pavement glistened, drinking up the rain.  I love monsoon season.  Rain is amazing.

My children ran outside to partake in the celebration of water.  We rarely get this opportunity, and storms can be short here, so we have to enjoy it while we can.  I love how Liz is decked out in garbage sacks (on her head and her body).    My girls bounced and jumped down the street trying to get as wet as possible.



I remember playing in the gutters as a kid.  I loved it.  I loved getting dirty and wet.  There is such freedom in playing in the rain.  Watching my kids enjoy the rain as I did brings warmth to my heart.  Rain on!

1 comment:

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, the garbage sacks are hilarious. Lizzy looks like a little, plump old lady. Awesome pics. And yes, monsoons is one of the reasons I don't mind being a Zonie!