Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today

Today started out looking like this.....
piles and piles of clean laundry. We all love clean laundry, but I showed you just one corner of my couch. The whole blessed couch was filled with kids clothes today. Now, they are safely nestled in the kids laundry baskets waiting for the kiddos to put them away.


Then I got this in the mail.....
My spirits soared. Here it is. What I have been waiting for. The slightly finished product. My book. Is this real? This is the proofing stage, but lo....can you see all the illustrations, photos, etc.? How fun. The layout is done, the photos taken, and I love it. I was slightly nervous to see how a third party would view my style of work. They got it! It is bright, cheerful, and modern. I am loving Martingale. The only thing I would change is some fonts....but really, that doesn't matter. What a happy addition to a perfectly normal and chore riddled day.

2 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

YEAH!!!! I want to see it! I want to see it! Were you expecting it to be coming this week? And way to go on the laundry...if you are feeling like you need to be serving someone, I have a few piles myself...only they're not nice and organized like yours. Sorry about the fonts. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I know you and your fonts, so it kind of is!

Wendie said...

So So SO exciting!!!!! We can wait for the final product. Sorry about the fonts. I am so glad it is going so smoothly!