Sunday, May 13, 2012

Miss Liz...


Hello world.  Yes, we are alive.  But barely.

Okay, better than barely alive.  We are so blessed in so many ways. 

 I have been aware and mentally preparing for Elizabeth's baptism in a couple weeks.  The actual preparations have been harder to get to.  So, on one of the best days ever (Mothers Day), I have had the fun opportunity to spend a little time with one of my favorite kids.  Taking her picture, and playing with her is always fun.  My Elizabeth has the kind of personality that lights up any room.  She is so sparkly.   I love that even as a baby she had this spunk, this bright spirit.  I love that nothing can dim her.  She is full of light, and I love to bask in it!

In two weeks, I get to be with her as she gets baptized.  I'm so excited.  There is nothing like watching one of your children make a covenant with Heavenly Father.  Even with all the worries of the day, the logistics of it all, the Spirit is so strong, all that other "stuff" melts away into nothingness.  Thank Goodness!  Even though we live far from all our family,  on this day, family feels close....because I am reminded that Family is Forever.  

On this mothers day, I have to say, I am so grateful to be a mother.  I am grateful that my babies yell for me when they are excited to see me.  I am grateful they scream for me when they are sad.  I am grateful for slobbery little kisses.  I am grateful for late night snuggles when they are scared.  I am grateful for small hands that fit so nicely in mine.  I am grateful for unconditional love.  I am grateful I have magically taught them all that I have no faults (I know....this is bad, in a few short years...they will discover the truth on their own).  I am grateful that they have taught me what true love is.  I am grateful for the peace when they are asleep, and the insanity when they are awake.  I am grateful for their humility.  Most of all, I am grateful for the woman they are helping me to become.  Through them, I have learned my life's greatest lessons, and I am sure there are thousands of lessons yet to be learned. 

 I am grateful for motherhood.

No comments: